Friday, 21 November 2014

A Walk at Vane Farm

 My family and I have always loved going for walks at Vane Farm RSPB nature reserve in Kinross. The reserve is situated on the banks of Loch Leven which makes it a very picturesque spot come clouds or blue sky (today saw a mix of both!)


The loch and surrounding hills make for lovely afternoon walks and the reserve is set up with hides and viewing spots to give you a chance to watch the wildlife. I genuinely really enjoy bird watching (geek alert!) as you never know what is going to turn up and I think there's something really relaxing about the whole affair - trying to capture birds on camera on the other hand, is not relaxing in the slightest.
The viewpoints are so cute and creative (and much easier to photograph than the actual wildlife!)
A little Great Tit
A Robin even made an appearance - it really is nearly Christmas now!
A Great Tit and a Goldfinch - yes I do know the names of the birds, I did warn you!

A Heron chilling




I love the way the clouds reflected in the water

Spending so much time in the city and on trains for university makes me appreciate getting out in the fresh air for a walk so much more than I used to. I love the feeling of the icy air at the back of your throat and the way your cheeks flush when you get into the warm cafe after a proper route march.

A relaxing weekend is just what I need before the stress of exams really kicks in and this was the perfect way to start it off!

What are your weekend plans? 

Have a fab time however you spend it!

Lots of love,

Heather x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I'm a country girl at heart and even though I love Glasgow, I miss the fresh air, the space and the calm of the countryside. Country walks are the best.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so nice to get out and about and have time to think and relax :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Wow such pretty photographs! I think walks are so relaxing. Sounds like you had a nice time. x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely time :) it's so nice to get out and about!

      Heather x

      Delete