Monday, 3 November 2014

bareMinerals - Mineral Veil

I don't really use a lot of make-up and by no means consider myself an expert on the subject. In fact, I'm a make up novice, but then so are a lot of girls, right? (Please, reassure me here!)

I do buy a fair amount of make-up, as I'm a bit of a shopaholic and like the idea of make-up, but I tend to chicken out of trying new things it in favour of my make-up staples. I'm trying to change this though as I really enjoy playing around with new styles and products. 

I thought it might be quite fun to give you some honest reviews of some of the products I've been trying from my many make-up bags, written for you by a complete make-up beginner - me!


Powder is an absolute essential for me. I've only ever used two different powders, I started off with Boots Natural Collection pressed powder when I was about 14 and then progressed to Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder where I have comfortably remained for the past however many years.

While in America during summer, I picked up this Mineral Veil Finishing Powder from bareMinerals, I had heard a lot about bareMinerals and the benefits of mineral based beauty products and so was keen to give it a go.


I also got this mini refillable brush as it was on offer - how could I say no?! I absolutely love it, it's a really great quality brush which offers a good, even coverage of powder.



The screw lid ensures there's no mess from powder left on the brush and the compact size is ideal for popping in any handbag.


The powder also doesn't come out too fast which could lead to a cakey finish so this is good too.  It appears the mini version was limited edition but a full sized one can be purchased for £22 - as much as I love this brush I'm not sure I'd pay that for it as you are a bit restricted with the products you can use in it.

The powder itself, although not as good as the brush, is still something I would recommend. I got the 'Translucent Finish' powder. It lasts all day and keeps my concealer in place which I was really impressed by. However, the powder is a bit sparkly for my liking, this may be something to do with the minerals but I prefer a more matte finish for day to day wear. The loose powder is also a bit of a faff to use with a normal brush, I much prefer using it with the refillable one.

I personally haven't noticed any difference to my skin as a result of using mineral make up but the powder does feel very light which is nice.

I'll definitely keep using this powder, especially on days when I really need my make-up to stay in place however, at £20 a pot, it won't be something I continuously re-buy.

Have you tried any bareMinerals products? What did you think?

Lots of Love,

Heather x




20 comments:

  1. This sounds rather nice! I've never tried anything from bareMinerals, but I've heard a lot of good things about their things. I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as well! It's really good, especially considering the price. :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it and I can definitely recommend some of their other products :) yeah it's definitely great value!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. I'm a makeup novice too, so don't worry. Practice makes progress. The more we do it the better we get at it. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've literally never tried Mineral makeup. I'd quite like to but I just feel like it wouldn't give me enough coverage and I'd be really self-conscious! I like the concept of really light makeup, just not sure I have the skin to try it out for myself :/ xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and am not sure I'd ever opt for a mineral concealer or foundation but I really do like the powder and blushers :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. I actually haven't tried BareMinerals but have wanted too! Lately I have been on a MAC powder kick and am now trying out the UD de-slick powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, I've never tried any MAC products...I know right?! But I'd certainly like to :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. This sounds amazing and I'd love to try out a mineral product. This is quite expensive but would be great from Christmas!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's worth a try :) but yes it is rather expensive, interested to see how long my little pot lasts!

      Heather x

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a nice product
    worth trying.

    http://momsturf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, especially if you come across it on the cheap :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  7. i've got their holiday collections coming up next week. i don't use their powders bc i have dry skin but love their other stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh exciting stuff! I really love their blusher :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  8. Im a huge gran of Bare Minerals, they have amazing products!

    XX

    http://themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i haven't tried any of their products but i've heard good things!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! I haven't ever tried Bare Minerals, although I've heard so many people raving about it that I should give it a go. Currently, I'm loving Chanel's newest powder foundation.

    Miranda xx http://mirandasnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've never tried Chanel's powder foundation but I do like the nail polish :)

      Heather x

      Delete