Saturday, 1 November 2014

Hello November

Can you believe it is November already? Where has this year gone?!

To welcome in the month, I met a friend in town for lunch and a wander. We headed to a little cafe which does the best toasties, and their coleslaw...my goodness...it's something else! Nothing beats a tuna mayo from Cafe La Ronda!


Despite having spent a good hour chatting over lunch, we were by no means done catching up so set out on a little walk. It was such a lovely day for it!


For me, a new month always feels like a fresh start and so I've decided to start November with a few resolutions:

  1. Eat bit healthier - I'd like to say I eat relatively healthily but with Christmas indulgences only a month away, November might be the time to opt for an apple instead of a pop tart...

  2. Read more - a good book is one of my favourite ways to relax but finding the time to settle down and read has been becoming increasingly hard.

  3. Make the most of every day - whether this is saying 'yes' to something I wouldn't normally say yes to or just taking on the day with a more positive attitude, I want to make an effort to make the most of and enjoy every day of November!

I'll be sure to let you know how I get on, wish me luck! Do you have any November resolutions?

Lots of Love,

Heather x

17 comments:

  1. Hope you have an amazing November, I always feel like it's a fresh start too. I should do some resolutions for this month too. I like the 3rd one :)

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I hope you both do too! You should give it a go too!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Your lunch looks delicious :)!
    I've got to eat more healthily, I don't eat many vegetables and I'm always so tired! (and so I get ugly undereye circles!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! As much as I love unhealthy foods I definitely feel a lot better when I eat healthier :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely lunch and catch-up! I like the idea of having a few resolutions for the new month. I think I should probably do the first one too. There have been too many biscuits lately!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it's good to set out with a goal in mind, even if you don't necessarily end up sticking to it...

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. Reading is fantastic! I'm not much of a novel girl but articles are great :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely more of a novel girl!

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. I need to write a list like this you've got some good points on here haha xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Give some of them a go too :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  6. I love reading! You should do a post on your favourites books.. or a book recommendation post :)

    http://blogbesidetheseaside.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for the idea, I may just do that :) Have a great November!

      Heather x

      Delete
  7. hi heather
    impressive, you seem to have quite a following on this blog with a lot of comments :)
    curious how you do it. if you respond, pls let me know.
    As you appear to be from the UK I thought I'd share with you my Impresions of London Engalnd
    keep writing Heather, also, you might want to add adsense on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I'll definitely give it a look :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  8. That toasted sandwich looks yummy! I agree with your list, I need to eat more healthily and find time to read too :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    http://www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good! Thanks so much for a lovely comment :) I'll definitely check yours out too.

      Heather x

      Delete