Sunday, 2 November 2014

Sunday Strolls

Sundays are made to be appreciated. It is a day to be taken slowly and a chance to recover from the previous week (and weekend!!) while preparing for the week ahead. Some people love lounging in bed all day Sunday but for me, Sundays are all about long walks and longer coffee stops!

Today, I headed to the nearby town of South Queensferry which is located on the shore of the Firth of Forth. 

                   



South Queensferry is a town of cobbled streets, little pubs and cosy cafes, perfect for a walk in the Autumn sunshine. 




I can highly recommend the treacle cured salmon from the Hawes Inn :)
It's famous for the iconic Forth Rail Bridge which always makes for some great pictures.






I'm feeling nice and relaxed after a lovely day and I hope you've all had a great weekend too! I spent Saturday evening at a fireworks display which was brilliant and got me super excited for Christmas!

How have you spent your weekend? What's your idea of the perfect Sunday?

Lots of Love,

Heather x









10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's such a picturesque wee town, I love spending time there :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. this looks beautiful, I spent the weekend traveling to japan

    http://worldbloggers.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so exciting! Sort of beats a Sunday stroll!! Hope you have a fab time

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Heather! That place looks lovely. I need to go there someday!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is very beautiful, I highly recommend it!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. I can remember going on a boat trip under the rail bridge when I was a child but I don't think I've ever visited South Queensferry itself. I love the cobbled streets, I didn't know it was such a pretty place!

    http://www.scottishoutlander.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that must have been lovely, it's something I've always meant to do! I'd highly recommend a visit, it's such a lovely little town! If you find yourself there on New Year's Day, the Loony Dook is always very entertaining!

      Heather x

      Delete