Tuesday, 18 November 2014

White Chocolate and Raspberry Parfait

For me, raspberries and white chocolate are the Jay-Z and Beyonce of the food world, an absolutely top combination. 
When I came across a recipe for this white chocolate and raspberry parfait I was dying for an occasion to try it out and this weekend presented just that. My mum and dad were hosting a dinner party and I was on pudding duty!

The recipe is super simple and the end result is deliciously creamy yet still fruity enough to stop it being heavy or sickly. However, it does require four hours in the freezer so involves some forward planning!

Raspberries are such a photogenic fruit!

Ingredients:

300g (10oz) raspberries
2 tbsp icing sugar
100g (3.5oz) white chocolate broken into pieces (I used Milkybar)
250ml (8fl oz) fresh custard
125ml (4fl oz) whipping cream

1. Lightly grease a small loaf tin and line with a double layer of clingfilm, leaving enough to cover the parfait overhanging the edges


mmm sugary raspberries
2. Put 200g (7oz) of the raspberries to a bowl and sprinkle over the icing sugar, carefully fold in to coat   

3. Put the chocolate into a small bowl (leaving a couple of pieces spare to grate on top) and melt over a pan of hot water. Stir in the custard then leave to cool

Good for the tastebuds, probably not for the heart!
4. Whip the cream in a seperate bowl and then fold in to cool chocolate custard mix


5. Spoon half the mixture into the lined tin and then cover with the sugary raspberries. 

                                 

6. Pour the rest of the chocolate mix over the raspberries. Smooth flat and cover with overhanging clingfilm. Freeze for around four hours until hardened with a little give (like ice cream as opposed to a rock!)

 Taaadahhh! Unfortunately my worktops are not very photo friendly
7. Decorate with raspberries and chocolate

My parfait went down an absolute treat with everyone giving it glowing reviews. Nevertheless, I did manage to salvage a slice for myself - of course I had to check it was okay! It was a sure hit and will be something I'll be whipping up again in the future.

What do you think? Fancy a slice of parfait?

Lots of Love,

Heather x

22 comments:

  1. I agree, white chic and raspberries are a dream combination! This looks sooo yummy!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was very good, even if I do say so myself!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Mmm this looks so yummy!

    http://worldbloggers.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty delicious! Thanks for reading!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Mmm, this looks incredibly good! Thanks for sharing :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It was really good! Thanks for reading :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. I love that you said raspberries and white chocolate are the Jay Z and Beyonce of the food world. :) This does look delicious. I want to make it now. Only problem is that I'm not sure where I can buy custard. Did you make yours or buy it pre-made?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't normally like stuff like this but it looks super amazing. Great photos xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, it was rather yummy!

      Heather x

      Delete
  7. I come on your website by google search. I think I got the best website by search engine. I what to know that how you do so much nice work on this blog please share some blogging secret for me so I can do better blogging for my blog http://guruofmovie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks amazing! xx

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks stunning -- almost too good to eat. I'm not the biggest fan of white chocolate, but this seriously looks incredibly tasty. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?! White chocolate is my favourite!! Thank you!

      Heather x

      Delete
  10. Great blog! I just followed you on Bloglovin, would you please follow me back? :)

    Michaella from http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete