Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2014

Can you believe it's the last day of 2014 already?? For me, 2014 was a really odd year and one full of change. 2014 saw me finish my time at school and also finish dancing which had been a big part of my life since I was tiny. However, 2014 also allowed me to undertake a lot of new adventures like university and my first foreign holiday with just my friends. Although I maybe wouldn't say 2014 has been the best year ever it definitely did provide me with some of the best memories:

In June I headed to Mallorca with my best friends in the entire world. This was the first time I had been abroad without my parents which was super fun and made me feel super grown up.


The day we arrived home from Mallorca was the day of the Linlithgow Academy Leaver's Ball. This was, without a doubt, one of the best days of 2014. Although it marked the end of my school career, it was a day spent with all the best people and a day where I could get very dressed up (I LOVE getting very dressed up!)


2014 was the year I turned 18 which was by far the best birthday I've ever had. My family - my mum in particular -  pulled out all the stops and I was treated like an absolute princess which I still can't thank them enough for. 


My birthday present, which I am incredibly grateful for, was a trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in America to see the Diagon Alley extension as I am a huge Potterhead. I got a two day pass to the park and over those two days - which were the best two days of my life -  I'm not proud to admit that I spent 27 hours in the  park (I'm kidding, I'm SUPER proud of that!!) 


This year was the year that I started university. Despite not being all that fond of university itself, uni has allowed me to meet some of the most amazing people ever which is something I'm very thankful for.


It also can't be forgotten that 2014 was the year I started blogging which I have to say I love and is 100% something that will carry on into 2015.

I'm definitely looking forward to the new challenges and adventures 2015 will bring and I hope you are too. I end the year being thoroughly grateful for all the amazing times 2014 brought and everything that this year has taught me. I wish all of you health and happiness in the year to come!

Happy New Year!

Lots of Love,

Heather x


P.s. I'd love to hear your 2014 highlights in the comments :)






6 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures, Heather. LOVE that dress by the way! Have an awesome 2015.

    Xoxoxo
    http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you!!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, Heather! Happy New Year! I hope you'll have an amazing year in 2015 :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimmi! I hope you do too! Happy New Year!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Best wishes for the New Year :)

      Heather x

      Delete