Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Nakd Appreciation

You may remember from this post that one of my November goals was to eat a bit healthier, I'm not too sure I managed this but it did prompt me to share my favourite healthy snack with you all. With Christmas getting ever closer (yay!) healthy eating gets ever harder but Nakd bars ensure I always have a healthy snack close to hand.


Nakd bars are absolutely incredible and they are definitely my go to. I always have one in my bag as they are perfect for when hunger hits while out and about. They fill me right up and keep me going and are especially good to have on hand whilst studying. Nakd bars are all vegan and raw without any added sugars or syrups. The majority are gluten free (excluding the oatie variety) so I know I'm getting something with some nutritional benefit rather than filling up on chocolate or crisps. 

Many of the bars only have three ingredients: cashews, raisins and dates with some natural flavourings added in - nothing at all 'bad' or processed. 


Judging by the ingredients, you maybe wouldn't think that these would taste the best but boy would you be wrong, they are soo good! The rhubarb and custard actually tastes like the rhubarb and custard sweets which never ceases to amaze me, especially since it counts as one of my five a day.

There are a fair few different Nakd bars out there, there are fruity one such as Berry Delight and Rhubarb and Custard which are my personal favourites. Nuttier ones such as Pecan Pie (yum!), Cashew Cookie and Gingerbread then Chocolate ones.


There are currently four different 'chocolate ones': Cocoa Delight, Cocoa Orange, Cocoa Mint and Caffe Mocha. These bars contain the same combination of dates, raisins and cashews along with 6% cocoa powder and STILL count as one of your five a day.  I find these Nakd. bars in particular are perfect for when you want a little evening treat. I'm not going to lie, Cocoa Delight doesn't taste like a bar of Dairy Milk however, like Dairy Milk, it is sweet and comforting, just richer and somewhat denser. I can assure you, it doesn't taste like a portion of fruit. Cocoa Orange on the other hand is very reminiscent of a proper chocolate orange, I may even go as far as saying I prefer it to the actual chocolate chocolate orange!


I recently tried the limited edition Christmas Pudding bar which was so delicious and tasted very festive, I highly recommend! 

I'm currently on the search for the new Bakewell Tart bar seen as Cherry Bakewells are one of my favourite sweet treats and it's the only Nakd bar I haven't tried.

Have you tried Nakd bars? Do you have a favourite healthy snack?

Lots of Love,

Heather x




20 comments:

  1. These remind me of Frusli bars, they're perfect for snacking on! Good luck trying the remaining Nakd bar you're yet to try!! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've had them too :) thank you! I can't find it anywhere!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. I love Nakd bars! The festive ones are so nice! I love the Cocoa Orange one - so good! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm they're so good, I can't believe they're so good for you too!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. I love Nakd bars! The only flaovurs I've tried are Pecan Pie, Gingerbread, Chocolate Orange and Bakewell Tart though, but I love all of them. I really want to try the Christmas Pudding one - it sounds really good!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh how was the Bakewell Tart???

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. I got a few of these for free because of the coupons I collect lol They were yummy. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the next new food I think I will be trying, I lovvveee Rhubarb and Custard sweets, so will be stocking up on that flavour as well aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Let me know what you think! I love the Rhubarb and Custard ones so much I ordered 48 in the last flash sale!

      Heather x

      Delete
  6. I've been hearing a lot about Nakd bars lately! Love this review of yours :)

    Carly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know what you think if you give them a go!

      Heather x

      Delete
  7. I ADORE these little snacks! I always have one handy in my bag :)

    Lots of love,
    Hira from
    http://www.theartofexisting.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so convenient. Do you have a favourite?

      Heather x

      Delete
  8. cannot remember if i've had these, but i have heard about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they've become pretty popular!

      Heather x

      Delete
  9. I heard about these bars but i never really got the time to buy it. It sounds delicious. I will definitely pick them up on the way

    Ana
    http://analyn-razon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog... can you please subscribe to me .I am new to the blogging world! xx
    kainaatbaloch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete