Monday, 29 December 2014

Things I Love About Christmas

Christmas Day is without a doubt my favourite day of the year and this year was no exception. Although the 25th has been and gone I remain firmly in the Christmas spirit and will do until 2015! For my last Christmas themed post of 2014, I thought I'd share the things I love most about Christmas and some pictures from the day!

How cute are these strawberry Santa's my mum and I made?!
How happy everyone is
All the amazing food and leftovers for the days to come
Trying out all your lovely new gifts and finding space for them


Carols
The TV specials - Miranda was particularly excellent this year!
Spending the whole day with family


Christingle
Stockings 
Preparing for people to arrive


Presents (both giving and recieving ;))
When people love the presents you got them
Christmas songs playing all day - Fairytale of New York and Merry Xmas Everybody are my favourites


The whole family in Christmas jumpers
The sheer amount of chocolate (which is a totally viable breakfast option on Christmas day)
How acceptable it is to have three desserts after every meal for following week

Ava got into the festive spirit too!
What are your favourite things about Christmas?

Lots of love,

Heather x







14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! Those strawberries are the cutest! I love your bunny too, I so wish I could have one but it definitely wouldn't fit in the car x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant thanks! Hope your's was just as good Jasmin :) the strawberries were a bit of creative genius from my mum!

      Delete
  2. Yeesss I agree with all of this! Ahh, adorable bunny!
    Have a great new year ahead! <3

    Xxx http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All the best for 2015!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Christmas Day is also undoubtedly my favourite day of the year! Your festivities on the day look so cosy - the dinner setting is beautiful and the tiny santa hat placed on top of Ava's head is utterly adorable! :) I hope you have a fantastic year ahead Heather and that next Christmas is even better for you!

    aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment Gabrielle! My mum was very proud of her dinner setting! All the best for 2015, I' looking forward to what's to come :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. I want to try making those strawberry santas now! Ava is adorable btw!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to do, just whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate chips for eyes :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post sharing a bit of your Christmas, I love a good Christmas jumper and the strawberry treats look so cute!

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh did you have a particular Christmas jumper this year?

      Heather x

      Delete
  6. The strawberry santas are so cute! Love your blog, hope to see you soon on my blog

    xx
    http://liveitcolorfully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the strawberry santas---they look so easy to make, so I will definitely have to try that next year. Also, they really liven up the dinner display. I eat cake and cookies for breakfast days after Christmas, so I can't complain!

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I have been doing that too! All has to stop in the new year though :(

      Heather x

      Delete