Friday, 23 January 2015

January Truffles

As a bit of a January pick me up, I thought I would make The Best Truffles You Will Ever Taste, yes, they really do deserve that title! This isn't my recipe, it belongs to my old Girl's Brigade Captain but she would be more than happy to know that I was sharing it! These truffles are so quick and easy to make and tasted incredibly indulgent!

Ingredients:

250g digestive biscuits
1 can condensed milk
125g Cadbury's hot chocolate powder (plus extra to roll truffles in)
125g butter
125g desiccated coconut (plus extra to roll truffles in)

1. Crush the digestive biscuits into fine crumbs. I find it best to put all the biscuits into a large bowl and use a glass tumbler to break the biscuits up

2. Cream the butter and the condensed milk together in a separate bowl 


3. Add the biscuit crumbs, coconut and chocolate powder to the creamed mixture and mix until everything is well combined


4. Using your hands, roll small parts of truffle mix into balls and coat in chocolate powder or coconut - I got about thirty out of the mixture 


And there you have it, The Best Truffles You Will Ever Taste! Let me know if you give them a go!

Do you have a favourite January pick me up?

Lots of love,

Heather x

13 comments:

  1. Oh my these look so good! And quick and easy to make. I need to try these :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm they taste amazing too - and I've tried a lot of truffles in my time!! Let me know what you think if you give them a go!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. They look so nice. I always thought making these would be a lot more difficult but you described it so easily in the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks and nice post :)

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, nice and easy and super quick too!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Ooooo they look soooo nice . xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, these look really nice! Great recipe :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great. TOTALLY gonna try making them one day! Thanks for sharing, Heather <3

    http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing...I'll be trying these for sure. I love a good baking session.
    http://truth-b-toldx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look soooo good!! Totally necessary to beat the January blues :D xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so delicious and quite easy to make! I must make these! Carly xo

    ReplyDelete