Sunday, 18 January 2015

TV Highlights

This is my fourth TV Highlights post and I've got to say, I'm loving this little part of my blog :) I love reading everyone's take on The Sunday Post and I like to think of my TV highlights as my own variation of that!

This week was my first week back at university after Christmas and it actually wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting! Saying that, a large part of my week was spent catching up with Glasgow friends over copious amounts of coffee and cake seen as seminars and tutorials don't start until week two...

Personally, I thought this week was a little slow in terms of new TV shows that I was desperate to watch and highlights that I was desperate to share. Nevertheless, here's a few highlights from the week that was:

12/1/15 - Backchat with Jack Whitehall and His Dad

Source
I had never seen this before but the advert was hilarious and I'm happy to report that the show did not disappoint. I love the concept of a father/son comedy duo especially one where the father and son are polar opposites, Jack is very laid back while his dad takes on the persona of someone much more serious and opinionated. The show is a chat show where Jack interviews guests whilst his dad chips in with his hilarious thoughts and opinions. This weeks guests were comedian Noel Fielding and politician John Prescott who were particularly funny as they provided excellent opportunity for Jack's dad to intervene. Definitely worth a watch!

12/1/15 & 13/1/15 - Silent Witness

Source
Once again Silent Witness was excellent and a two-parter!!! It was fast paced and exciting from start to finish with clever twists and cliffhangers. This week's episodes tracked a murderer who followed his victims on the London underground before he attacked. It was pretty gory but very well written and very different from the previous week's episode.

Shutter Island

Source
Okay, so this isn't really a TV Highlight but I watched Shutter Island this weekend and it was so so good. To begin with, it was pretty slow and a bit confusing and to be honest, I wasn't all that keen. I stuck with it though and thankfully, it really improved!
The plot sees police marshal, Teddy Daniels, visit Shutter Island to investigate the case of a patient who has gone missing from the mental asylum which the island is home to. As the film progresses, it becomes apparent that the asylum is a government experimentation lab and Teddy soon discovers that once on Shutter Island, you don't tend to leave Shutter Island...
A fair few scenes were dimly lit or involved stormy weather which made the film pretty creepy, I jumper a fair few times! Shutter Island was really thought provoking and sparked a bit of a debate between us all at the end! I'm still trying to get my head around it now!

In other TV news, the new series of Dance Moms starts here in the UK tomorrow...it's a bit sad how excited I am!

Have you watched anything good this week? Have you seen Shutter Island?

Lots of love,

Heather x

18 comments:

  1. Jack's dad is hilarious like haha. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually in stitches every time he spoke!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for enlightening. I don't often watch TV, but it's worth knowing what is good and what isn't. I watched nothing this whole week.. :)
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad you liked my post :) I do rather enjoy watching TV!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. I love Back Chat is so funny. Definatly one of my favourites! Last week was brilliant. I have a crush on both Noel and Jack!

    Awesome Blog! xxxx

    http://roziebud.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week's was brilliant and I really liked this week's too :) Thanks for reading!!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. I don't watch much tw but these all sound good! I'll have to watch them all :) x

    Beyond the Velvet | Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably watch a bit too much!

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Shutter Island!! Such a brilliant brilliant film. Leo is just... <3

    I haven't watched Back Chat yet but it sounds right up my street! Will probably iplayer it with the Boy over the weekend :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO good! Like is he crazy or is he not or am I crazy??!

      Aw, I hope you enjoyed it :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  6. I'm going to see if I can find 'Backchat with Jack Whitehall and His Dad' on catch up, it sounds funny! You've got a really lovely blog. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, here is the link:
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I hope you enjoyed Backchat :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  7. I loved shutter island, is so good and probably one of my fave films! I have been loving the new season of broadchurch which has just started and have been binging on House! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I never really got into Broadchurch which is surprising! I did watch the first episode of the new season but I just didn't take to it!

      Heather x

      Delete
  8. I'm out of the loop when it comes to your TV show updates, however Shutter Island is a topic I can definitely get involved in! It is such a fantastic film and I love the twists and general visual imagery throughout. Have a lovely week!

    aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant but so thought provoking and ahhh I just loved it!

      Heather x

      Delete
  9. I love Shutter Island, such a good film :)

    Anything & Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good when it got going :)

      Heather x

      Delete