Sunday, 25 January 2015

TV Highlights

Can you believe that it's Sunday evening already? January is flying by! This week was one of those weeks that was very good despite not a lot actually being done. More time than usual seemed to be spent on trains and public transport which made me appreciate BBC iplayer and STV player even more!

TV wise, this week saw the return of Dance Moms and a huge story line on Coronation Street.


19/1/15, 21/1/15 & 23/1/15 - Coronation Street

Source
What a week it has been on Coronation Street! There had definitely been a bit of a lull in the Coronation Street plot lines of recent but this week certainly made up for it! The first episode of the week saw a mini bus crash which involved several very popular characters and the following episodes detailed the repercussions of the incident. It was one of the biggest stunts ever attempted on the soap with the crash alone taking over 100 hours to film. The hard work certainly paid off as the whole sequence was very effective! This plot line lead to a lot of  character development which will certainly keep the show interesting for a while to come!

19/1/15 - Dance Moms

Source
OH MY GOODNESS IT'S BACK!! Monday nights just got a whole lot brighter! The first episode of season five did not disappoint; here were arguments, amazing dances and even a law suit...does reality TV get any better than this? I think not. 

Wow, this appears to have been a pretty short TV Highlights post which is surprising considering how promising Monday was in TV terms. Don't get me wrong, I have watched and enjoyed other programmes this week but a show has to be really special to make it into my highlights post.

Silent Witness was on again this week but it definitely wasn't the best episode ever. Domestic dispute story lines have never been my favourite. However, next weeks looks more promising so fingers crossed! I've also had the Season Two box set of Game of Thrones sitting in my room for a while now so next week may just be the week to crack into that.

Have you watched anything good this week?

Lots of love,

Heather x

4 comments:

  1. I love these television review posts of yours, I love to discuss some of my favourite shows as well but it seems nobody has the same taste as me haha! How would you rate Dance Moms out of ten? I am SO looking forward to tomorrow's night first episode of a new series of Misomer Murders. I am massively into murder/mystery and crime programmes, with this one being pretty much the first one I started watching a decade ago, so it's continuation is so, so exciting! :) Have a great week, heather!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice 

    x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! Dance Moms is a definite 10/10 looking forward to getting home and watching Midsomer Murders from last night :D

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Hahah I have never seen Dance Moms, it looks quite entertaining! We have been watching suits on netflix which has been really good, along with broadchurch! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Suits is very good! (Almost as good as Dance Moms!)

      Heather x

      Delete