Friday, 16 January 2015

Winter Walks

Getting all wrapped up to go for a walk on a cold, crisp day is one of the best things about winter. It may be very tempting to stay inside when it's bitterly cold, but for me, nothing beats the feeling of arriving at a cosy coffee shop or getting back into the warm car after wandering until your cheeks are red and your fingers are numb.

Last weekend, I headed over to the Helix park in Falkirk to see the Kelpies - a stunning pair of steel horses which proudly stand 30 metres tall at the edge of the Forth and Clyde canal. A walk here was the perfect opportunity to blow away the winter cobwebs before returning to uni and definitely meant that I earned a hot chocolate!



The Kelpies and the canal are both very photogenic and I was very keen to test out my new camera so obviously it came on the walk too!




It was absolutely freezing but the bright, wintery skies and low clouds made for beautiful photos.



Do you have a favourite spot for a wander?

Lots of love,

Heather x

9 comments:

  1. Great pic! I love the one where you can see shimmers! Looks like a great place!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That came after a bit of messing around with the various settings on my camera!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Wow, GORGEOUS shots!! I mUST NOT die before I see these stunning Kelpies! You took amazing photos of them! <3

    http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty amazing in real life, absolutely huge! Thanks so much for reading :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos, Heather! I'm so looking forward to seeing the Kelpies :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimmi! They're pretty spectacular!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. I completely agree with you about winter walks. They are just so brisk and refreshing, and coming back into the warm at the end is always the best.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nothing beats them! Definitely get more benefit from cold, wintery walks than summery wanders!

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. These pictures are amazing :)
    I visited Falkirk for a week to explore bits of Scotland but I never got to visit the Kelpies, they look beautiful xo

    http://pursuitofwxnderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete