Friday, 6 February 2015

Soap and Glory - Face

It's been quite a while since a make-up post has featured on here so I thought I better get writing one! Having had all of January to try out my lovely new Christmas make-up, I decided I'd share some of my new favourites with you.

Soap and Glory has always been my go-to brand for bath and body stuff but I have always been a bit sceptical of the make up range - surely a brand that is SO good at lotions and scrubs can't make good make-up too?

Well, I was very wrong as it turns out that Soap and Glory's make-up range is just as good, if not better than their bath and body range!


Having lost my trusty Revlon concealer just before Christmas, I took the plunge and treated myself to the Kick Ass Concealer by Soap and Glory, my first ever Soap and Glory make-up product. I fell instantly in love with the concealer and was treated to some new goodies from the range for Christmas which are fantastic too - shout out to my mum for picking up on the hints! In order to prevent this post from becoming an absolute essay, I thought I'd split my collection over two posts, face today and eyes and lips next week.

Can we take a moment to appreciate just how beautiful the packaging is??
First up is the aforementioned Kick Ass Concealer which I got in Light. Now this isn't just any concealer, it's a three step concealer. Step one is an under eye brightening concealer, step two is an allover complexion concealer and step three is a translucent setting powder. I feel the need to clarify here that you DO NOT need to put one concealer on top of the other as this is what I initially thought. I told you my make - up skills were questionable.


Both concealers are really light and creamy which means that you don't have to use a lot. The brightening eye concealer has a pinky tint which works well to hide dark circles whilst the complexion concealer is yellowy, helping to combat those horrible red spots and blemishes we all love.

From what I've read, not everyone was impressed with the staying power of this concealer, especially the under eye one but for me, it was one of the longest lasting concealers I've ever used!


My only slight issue was with the 'translucent' setting powder which came out a bit too white to be translucent. I prefer to use the concealer with my own powder but the attached powder is useful for when I need to top up on the.

The whole thing comes in such a handy little pot with a mirror, perfect for even the smallest of bags. Overall it's an impressive little product and something which I would definitely buy again.


My second face product is the new Kick Ass Blur and Brighten Concealer Crayon in Light, once again. This is a bit heavier than either of the other concealers making it my product of choice when I've had a late night or an early morning. It works well under the eyes but is also very good for covering redness and blemishes. It goes on really smoothly and lasts just as well as the three step. It is a roll up crayon which makes for really easy application and it blends in really nicely - another great Soap and Glory make-up product.

Have you tried anything from the Soap and Glory make-up range?

Lots of love,

Heather x

9 comments:

  1. The compact sounds amazing! It is too bag about the powder but even so the palette sounds nice and handy!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a great product but could certainly be even better with a different powder.

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any of their make-up products, but I really like the sound of these concealers! I'm forever on the hunt for the perfect concealer, so I might give the Kick Ass one a go.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this review Heather! I'm such a makeup addict and I love hearing about the products others are loving! My most loved makeup product is concealer as I suffer from those horrendous hereditary under eye circles. I really want to try this Kiss Ass concealer out!

    Carly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don' get me started on those under eye circles! Kick Ass is definitely a saviour!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. I've always been a fan of the S&G makeup! So wonderful and it's really good value considering the quality! My favourites are the bronzer, brow archery and the Trick Or Treatment concealer! As well as the gloss sticks... And the blush... Haha!!

    Lovely review, really enjoyed it!

    Rhianna | www.robowecop.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you have a fair few favourites there Rhianna, I'll need to give them a go!!

      Heather x

      Delete