Sunday, 1 March 2015

TV Highlights

How is it Sunday already?! The week seemed to go incredibly slow yet the weekend - which I spent in St. Andrews visiting two of my best friends - has flown by!

Television wise, it has been a week of awards with The Brits and The Oscars. Unfortunately I didn't manage to watch all of The Oscars but I was very happy to see that Eddie Redmayne won Best Actor and Big Hero 6 won best Annimated Feature Film when I caught up on the highlights!

22/02/15 - The Casual Vacancy

Source
I am absolutely loving the television adaptation of J.K. Rowling's novel. Part two of three saw a dramatic dinner party in the quiet town of Pagford as the council vacancy election draws closer, there were plenty of home truths and another message from The Ghost of Barry Fairbrother. The music is perfect and gives the programme a really unusual, dark vibe which very appropriate for the story line. I'm very much looking forward to the finale tonight!

23/02/15 - Broadchurch

Source
Broadchurch is overrrr!!! I have to say I was a little disappointed with the conclusion of the trial and Danny's murder case however, I loved the Lee/Claire story line which, if I'm honest, I've been more interested in all along!

25/02/15 - The Brit Awards

Source
Aren't The Brits brilliant? I love a good awards show and The Brits are definitely my favourite. Ant and Dec did a great job hosting the ceremony and Ed Sheeran's performance was a particular highlight. Of course, there was also that fall which needs a mention as I am sure it will go down in TV history but I thought Madonna did an excellent job and carried on like a true professional.


Do you have a particular TV highlight from the week that was?

Lots of love,

Heather x

2 comments:

  1. The Brit Awards are always so breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Brits, such an excellent display of talent!

      Heather x

      Delete