Sunday, 8 March 2015

TV Highlights

My essays have all been submitted and I am finally freeeeee!! Well, for a week or two until exam revision starts that is...To celebrate the end of my essays, I was treated to a lovely spa day with my mum yesterday which was absolutely incredible and left me feeling very relaxed!
Not an awful lot has caught my fancy this week TV wise and my Monday evening certainly wasn't quite as exciting without Broadchurch or Silent Witness - Arthur and George on STV just din't live up to my expectations! I have however, been loving all the Comic Relief build up that has been going on.

1/3/15 - The Casual Vacancy

Source
The Casual Vacancy came to it's dramatic conclusion on Sunday evening and it did not disappoint. The three part series had me gripped from start to finish and definitely did the book justice, although, one of my favourite characters in the book ended up being my least favourite in the TV adaptation! The ending was quite different to J.K. Rowling's but I knew that that was going to be the case and I didn't mind one bit as it was done really well - I felt it was very justifiable which is always important. My only slight grievance was that in the book, all the characters had very different back stories which were all explored in some depth however, the series only focused in on three or four of these stories so a lot was missed out. I know you can never expect everything to make it into an adaptation but a couple more episodes wouldn't have gone a miss!

4/3/15 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off

Source
Victoria Wood, Kayvan Novak, Alexa Chung and Chris Moyles were the celebrities in this week's charity edition of The Bake Off. I love how seriously they all take it and the extents they go to to impress Mary and Paul; Kayvan tried out a very experimental tray bake with quince jam and quinoa flour whilst Chris used a skull shaped cake tin for his self portrait showstopper cake.

6/3/15 - Graham Norton Comic Relief Special

Source
Jennifer Saunders, David Walliams, Cheryl Fernandez-VersiniJohnny Vegas and Jack Dee joined Graham Norton on the sofa this week to celebrate 30 years of Comic Relief. A particular highlight was a clip of David Walliams returning to Kenya where he had met an orphan called Philip four years ago. David returned to see how Comic Relief had changed Philip's life using the money that we raise and donate. Philip was now happy and healthy and went to the local school. It was a really lovely piece and great to see how our money can make a difference.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend. Have you been up to anything exciting?

Lots of love,

Heather x

8 comments:

  1. A spa day sounds wonderful, how relaxing and rewarding :) And thanks for sharing these, I'm always looking for new things to watch (coincidentally just wrote a post on my favorite shows to binge-watch and new tv-shows I've added to my list)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will have to check out your post! I love hearing other's opinions on shows!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. I really wish the Casual Vacancy had been longer too! I'm sad they missed the whole of Sukhvinder's back story out, but I guess is why they changed the ending. I did enjoy it overall though :)

    Gilly - Ribbons of Memory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I definitely wish Sukhvinder's story ha been explored, that was the first thing I said to my mum after the series ended!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. So jealous that you're done! I still have a couple of weeks left of uni...
    LOVE Graham Norton!! xx

    I'd love it if you could come check out my blog as well:) afashionneverland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham Norton is wonderful! I definitely will :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. Celebrating the temporary end to that stage with a spa day with you mum sounds so, so lovely! Also, I was meaning to ask what you thought of the new Midsomer Murders episodes? :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! In regards to Midsomer Murders, I liked them but I didn't love them (hence why they didn't make it in o one of these posts) I just felt the story lines were a bit weak - they didn't really have a lasting impression on me. What did you think?

      Heather x

      Delete