1. Go to Primark at the start of your shopping trip when you're full of energy and enthusiasm and hopefully before the masses have destroyed anything that may resemble organisation in the store.
2. Take a coffee (and cake) break straight after Primark so you can restore some of that energy and enthusiasm which was no doubt killed during your Primark adventures (this will allow you to enjoy the rest of your day shopping.)
3. CHECK THE LABEL NOT THE HANGER - I can't even tell you the amount of times I've ended up in the changing room with an item of clothing that was my size on the hanger but was a totally different size when I looked at the label.
4. Take the sizes with a pinch of salt - Primark may be cheap and cheerful but the clothes aren't the best quality and the sizes most definitely vary from item to item.
5. Conduct a cull before trying clothes on - Primark is one of those shops where you end up picking up piles of clothes because they're cheap as opposed to nice, take a minute to check through everything you've picked up before heading to the changing room to save time and effort.
6. Take a snack just in case you get peckish, Primark is the worst place to be shopping when hangry.
7. Take a bottle of water to help with the inevitable Primark Headache which results from the bright lights, noisy shoppers and effort of carrying around a tonne of clothes.
8. There will more often than not be another stand of the exact same item somewhere else in the shop if you can't find your size - it might be best to ask a shop assistant to point you in the right direction though.
9. Wear a thin vest top so you can quickly try things on over the top in the store and avoid the massive changing room queues.
10. Take your own carrier bag as the paper bags are useless, especially when you live in Scotland and a downpour is never far away!
Do you have any tips to surviving Primark?
Lots of love,